Datatable as input using inline mode

Datatable as input using inline mode

LapointeLapointe Posts: 430Questions: 81Answers: 4

Hi all :)
Does somebody get success when using control datatable as input with inline mode and add / edit / remove function ?
Please let me know
Bob B)

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,787Questions: 1Answers: 10,115 Site admin

I'd be really surprised if datatable worked well as an inline control. Quite apart from anything else it takes up a lot of space and would cause the cell in which it needs to be displayed inline to resize and mess up the table. I didn't really consider using it inline in the host table as I don't think the UX of that would be great.

Allan

• LapointeLapointe Posts: 430Questions: 81Answers: 4

Hi @Allan
    I don't want to use datatable Field into table but in editor window..
    In fact I'd like to get a form like this allowing to change master key (using combo change) and then managing linked childs inline in a table Field with add, modify and delete...

• allanallan Posts: 61,787Questions: 1Answers: 10,115 Site admin
    Answer ✓

Oh I see! Using inline editing inside the parent Editor modal. There was a thread about that a while back, but I can't find it now. It isn't something that I've attempted I'm afraid (at least not that I recall!). There might be a conflict since there would be two DTE elements in the document, so I'm not sure it will work as things stand I'm sorry to say.

That is something that would make a nice enhancement though I agree. I will look into that.

Regards,
    Allan

:) tks

Yes with tabs should be the best... each with a datatable in

Someone said.... Yes you can

edited August 2023

In fact you create a datatable as input... why not an editor window allowing record browse (with buttons like first, next, find, goto...) and datatables with inline mode in each tabs ?
    I know... I'll go back to work.

Regards
    Bob