TableTools Export To Excel

TableTools Export To Excel

mdohertymdoherty Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited March 2011 in Plug-ins
Greetings,

I'm currently a user of Datatables and also started using TableTools. Everything has worked great so far until today. I'm having an issue with TableTools freezing up the browser (the typical "Stop Script") window pops up in all browsers :(

The Datatable renders perfectly -- with 11,500 rows of data. I'm wondering if this is somehow the issue. Is 11,500+ rows of data impossible to export using the Export to Excel function? Any help would be appreciated.

I initially though Javascript was hitting some upper bounds limit, but when checking the CPU/MEM/DISK, I don't see a huge spike when I attempt to export.

I look forward to any information or suggestions any of you may have!

Thanks!
Michael

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,726Questions: 1Answers: 10,110 Site admin
    Does it also have the same issue with the CSV export? The Excel export takes a lot longer to do because of the extra processing involved (the UTF8 to UTF16-LE conversion is very slow in Flash when dealing with a lot of strings) - the CSV export however is just straight UTF8 output so should be much faster (and Excel will read it just fine, so you could relabel the CSV export as Excel!). It might be interesting to put a profiler on it as well, but I rather suspect that you might be pushing the limit of what the browser considers an acceptable time frame for the script execution.

Allan
This discussion has been closed.