How does Datatable editor and Tabletools work together

How does Datatable editor and Tabletools work together

cranworthcranworth Posts: 20Questions: 10Answers: 0
edited July 2014 in Editor

In the example in:
https://editor.datatables.net/examples/inline-editing/simple.html

I am trying to get the TableTools buttons "New", "Edit", and "Delete" to appear, but I can't.

I initialize a table using

var data_table = $('#table').Datatable({
 data: data, 
 columns :[ /* some columns */],
 tableTools: {
      sRowSelect: "os", 
      sRowSelector: 'td:first-child', 
      aButtons: [ 
              { sExtends: "editor_create", editor: editor },
              { sExtends: "editor_edit",   editor: editor },
              { sExtends: "editor_remove", editor: editor }
        ]
  }
}); 

However, it might be worth mentioning that I use the Bootstrap datatable css and js files for bootstrap integration: dataTables.bootstrap.js and dataTables.bootstrap.css

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• tangerinetangerine Posts: 3,350Questions: 37Answers: 394
    edited July 2014

First, are you including the TableTools js file?
    Second, your initialisation might need a path to swf.

• allanallan Posts: 61,744Questions: 1Answers: 10,111 Site admin

Looks like you might be missing this part:

dom: "Tfrtip",

The T in dom tells DataTables to use the TableTools extension.

Allan

• cranworthcranworth Posts: 20Questions: 10Answers: 0
    edited July 2014

Thanks both suggestions helped. The buttons do appear now, but when I press 'New' no popup appears, but the entire page gets pushed dynamically further down, seemingly to make room for the pop-up form which never appears. Hope it made sense?

Sounds like you need to include the Editor CSS is my guess.

Can you link to the page so we can confirm what is happening?

Allan

edited July 2014

Thanks for the link in the PM. It does indeed look like there are a couple of files missing. Specifically:

• //cdn.datatables.net/plug-ins/725b2a2115b/integration/bootstrap/3/dataTables.bootstrap.js
    • //editor.datatables.net/examples/resources/bootstrap/editor.bootstrap.js
    • //cdn.datatables.net/plug-ins/725b2a2115b/integration/bootstrap/3/dataTables.bootstrap.css
    • //editor.datatables.net/examples/resources/bootstrap/editor.bootstrap.css

The Editor Bootstrap examples shows all of the include files needed: http://editor.datatables.net/examples/styling/bootstrap.html

Allan

edited July 2014

Indeed some of the .js and .css were missing. I have now included them but with no avail. The problem still occurs. I am stumped, nothing comes up in my chrome javascript console for me to debug this problem. Any pointers?

edited July 2014

edit - Sorry, crossed threads! Will reply back to this one shortly!

The console in Chrome shows:

[Error] TypeError: 'undefined' is not an object (evaluating '$.fn.dataTable.Editor.defaults')

Include the Editor script before the plug-in for it and hopefully that should do it.

Allan

edited July 2014

This is the order my js incudes now. I still get the 'undefined' error in console.

html <script src="../bootstrap/bootstrap-3.1.1/dist/js/bootstrap.min.js"></script> <script src="../bootstrap/bootstrap-3.1.1/docs/assets/js/docs.min.js"></script> <script src="../datatable/DataTables-1.10.0/media/js/jquery.js"></script> <script src="../datatable/DataTables-1.10.0/media/js/jquery.dataTables.js"></script> <script src="../datatable/DataTables-1.10.0/extensions/Scroller/js/dataTables.scroller.js"></script> <script src="../datatable/DataTables-1.10.0/bootstrap/dataTables.bootstrap.js"></script> <script src="../datatable/DataTables-1.10.0/extensions/TableTools/js/dataTables.tableTools.min.js"></script> <script src="../datatable/DataTables-1.10.0/extensions/Editor-1.3.2/js/dataTables.editor.min.js"></script> <script src="../datatable/DataTables-1.10.0/bootstrap/dataTables.bootstrap.js"></script> <script src="../datatable/DataTables-1.10.0/extensions/Editor-1.3.2/examples/resources/bootstrap/editor.bootstrap.js"></script>

Answer ✓

Yup need to update to TableTools 2.2.2 :-). As the release notes for Editor 1.3.2 note, TableTools 2.2.2 or later is required if you are using TableTools. Sorry about that - it was a bug across the two libraries.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.