Php Notices on Insert, bug with empty value.

Php Notices on Insert, bug with empty value.

sitesurfersitesurfer Posts: 34Questions: 9Answers: 0

2 Things:

a) Using Generator and adding the 3rd parameter to the init call in the php script I get the following notice on insert (the record inserts just fine) which appears to be when the editor is calling the id.

REDACTED PATH

<br />
<b>Notice</b>: Undefined index: id in <b>/public_html/jquery/DataTables-1.10.0/extensions/Editor-1.3.0/php/Editor/Field.php</b> on line <b>466</b><br />
<br />
<b>Notice</b>: Undefined index: id in <b>/
public_html/jquery/DataTables-1.10.0/extensions/Editor-1.3.0/php/Editor/Field.php</b> on line <b>466</b><br />
<br />
<b>Notice</b>: Undefined index: id in <b>/***public_html/jquery/DataTables-1.10.0/extensions/Editor-1.3.0/php/Editor/Field.php</b> on line <b>466</b><br />
{"row":{"DT_RowId":"row_26","ag_name":"TEst","ag_website":"TEST.COM","ag_email":""}}

I have added the correct 'ag_id' as the third param. Is this something I can safely ignore?

b) When usng Generator and selecting a URL field and ALSO 'can be blank' the validation never completes. Is it fair to say that its not possible to validate a field that can also be empty (logically it seems ok - but will go with the flow).

I can provide url links if required but I think the above is enough as its a very broad situation.

Oo

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• mschroeder55409mschroeder55409 Posts: 4Questions: 0Answers: 0

I am experiencing the exact same issue and behavior as item a) above. I noticed it immediately after upgrading to DT 1.10 and Editor 1.3 from 1.9.4 and 1.2.x? respectively. I commented out the line 466 in the Field.php file so I can keep developing, but obviously I would like to know when a fix is applied. I'm also using the third parameter to identify the key.

• allanallan Posts: 61,777Questions: 1Answers: 10,112 Site admin
    Answer ✓

I'm afraid this is a bug in Editor 1.3.0. I'm going to release 1.3.1 next week with a fix, but for the moment, the patch to address it is actually relatively simple. What do to is edit the php/Editor/Field.php file and change:

'id' => str_replace( $editor->idPrefix(), '', $processData['id'] ) ,

to be:

'id' => str_replace( $editor->idPrefix(), '', isset( $processData['id'] ) ? $processData['id'] : null ),

b) When usng Generator and selecting a URL field and ALSO 'can be blank' the validation never completes

Thanks for letting me know about this. I'll look into it later today and publish a fix on the Editor site.

Regards,
    Allan

• sitesurfersitesurfer Posts: 34Questions: 9Answers: 0

Hi Allan

Cheers for the update - I had supressed errors on that line as a dramatic hack (as mschroeder also) so was moving on, look forward to the update.

The validator issue is worked around by selecting required as well as the format.
    I think it might be just the way generator works, its no biggy.

This discussion has been closed.