Editor without a datatable

Editor without a datatable

lrabbitlrabbit Posts: 12Questions: 1Answers: 0
edited April 2014 in Editor
Hello,

Hope this isn't too silly a question!
Can the Editor be used without a datatable?

For example, I have a page which displays all of my items in a datatable and have an Editor
that can be used to edit any of the rows.

However, I also have a page that shows only one item. Is there a way that I can use the
Editor to edit the details of the item in the same way as if it was in a datatable?

I realise I will have to load the data for the Editor to work with, but wondered how to go about it.

Cheers.

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,776Questions: 1Answers: 10,112 Site admin
    Excellent question - not silly in the least! The answer is no in 1.2, and yes in the up coming 1.3 :-). It now has a "standalone" mode whereby Editor can operate without a DataTable. 1.3 will be out next week, but I can send you over a beta package if you are interested? Your registered e-mail address if so?

Allan
  • lrabbitlrabbit Posts: 12Questions: 1Answers: 0
    Hello Allan,

Thanks for the speedy reply. Yes please! I would be very interested in trying it out. Will report back as well. My registered email is fine.

Thanks!
    Hi Allan,

Thanks for the sample code. I cannot access my database directly so what I want to do is use the Editor as a standalone editor using JSON objects/HTTP Post Updates (supplied/received by a web service).

Do you think this is feasible for me to do? I will have a proper look through the beta that you have sent me.

Thanks!
    Yes it should be quite possible using the new API. Load your data and then use the `edit()` method to start an edit. If you haven't got the HTML elements with the data attributes setup on the page (look at the examples in the package I sent) then you'll need to use the `set()` method to set the current values.

Allan
    Excellent. I will have a go later today. Thanks for your help.

I wish all software suppliers and support were as helpful as yourself!

Thanks.
  • johnwillynjohnwillyn Posts: 14Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Hi Allan,
    I am long overdue in getting back to you on email for requirements for standalone Editor. I apologize.

I would like to take a look at version 1.3 and start prototyping some custom forms in my current development framework. I will then get back to you to provide feedback and suggestions. Is Editor 1.3 available for download somewhere?

Thanks for the great work.

JohnL
    Editor 1.3 isn't yet available for download, but it will be next week. Alternatively I can e-mail you over a beta package if you are interested?

Thanks,
    Allan
  • johnwillynjohnwillyn Posts: 14Questions: 0Answers: 0
    I would be happy to take beta package any time. I have reached an 'inflection point' on my current framework dev, and could probably slot some time in this week to take a look and even do some testing.

I previously integrated a mobile calendar widget as a custom input form for iOS and Android, and would like to push that forward on the new version and getting working better.

Thanks again for all your great work Allan.

JohnL
    The release will be tomorrow if you can hang on that long :-)

Allan
This discussion has been closed.