-SOLVED- Editor and JUI Autocomplete plugin: Autocomplete list of choices is missing

-SOLVED- Editor and JUI Autocomplete plugin: Autocomplete list of choices is missing

burncharburnchar Posts: 118Questions: 12Answers: 0
edited October 2013 in Editor
When using JQueryUI's Autocomplete, either the Editor plugin or direct "forced" code like below, the Autocomplete fields show no drop-menu of options as I type.
I know that the Autocomplete functionality is at least being initialized, because the down arrow populates the field with values from `source`.

Code for testing a particular field (same results as using plugin):
`$( '#DTE_Field_RECIPE' ).autocomplete({minLength: 2,source: ['value1', 'value2', 'othervalue'] });`

I'm calling the plugin like so:
[code]editor.add([
{
"label": "Recipe:",
"name": "RECIPE",
"type": "autoComplete",
"opts": {
"source": ['value1', 'value2', 'othervalue']
}
},...
[/code]

The following image shows the content of the missing choices in Firebug:
http://i.imgur.com/PXlKt2q.png

I use some custom CSS which I would post, but when I removed all of it, the same happens.

I used the DT Debugger, but can't post the contents publically, so I'll have to email you, Allan, if you're interested in taking a look. I'm posting the general bug/misuse report here in the hopes that the solution will help others with the same issue.

Replies

• burncharburnchar Posts: 118Questions: 12Answers: 0
    edited October 2013
    The drop-menu of options seems to exist, but isn't displayed. I wonder if it's under the edit form? There are some Z-order bugs in older versions of JUI, but I am using a very recent version released just a few months ago.

Firebug screen capture with the hidden menu colored (by Firebug):
    http://i.imgur.com/UUlHmcm.png
  • burncharburnchar Posts: 118Questions: 12Answers: 0
    -- RESOLVED --

Strangely it was a JQueryUI problem. I was using 1.10.2, which as of this writing is an extremely recent release. I upgraded to 1.10.3 and can now see my drop menu.
    I am a little surprised that a project as popular and mature as JQueryUI had a Z problem. Maybe the DT Editor provides an unusual corner case, but even so, Editor has been around for some time.

Regardless, the fix is: Upgrade to jQueryUI 1.10.3 or later.
This discussion has been closed.