ColVis styling

ColVis styling

madmikemadmike Posts: 30Questions: 4Answers: 0
edited March 2013 in Plug-ins
ColVis is a great idea, but hard to play with style. I start following but all other style are calculated.

[code]
li.ColVis_Button.TableTools_Button {
display: inline;
float: left;
}
[/code]

There is a way to change the drip down menu to ui modal dialog or a simple div wo take 100% of the page with all li + lable float left ?

Thanks,
Mike

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,762Questions: 1Answers: 10,111 Site admin
    I'm afraid not at this time - no. Using a jQuery UI modal would required a significant change in ColVis - it is possible of course, like all software, but it's not directly possible in the current code.

What you might consider doing, if you do want a modal, is to effectively recreate ColVis. All ColVis is is a UI display wrapper around DataTables' built in fnSetColumnVis API method - which will show and hide columns as needed. So in theory all that is needed is a list of the columns, populate a list in a modal and you've got your very own ColVis.

In future ColVis is going to be folded into TableTools, as that will give much great control over the styling and markup used. Should also reduce code overhead since TableTools already provides much of the code needed to build the buttons etc.

Allan
  • madmikemadmike Posts: 30Questions: 4Answers: 0
    Thanks Allan, I will try to play with the code ;-)
This discussion has been closed.