Using ColReorder, ColVis and FixedColumns together the Show/Hide column disables everything.

Using ColReorder, ColVis and FixedColumns together the Show/Hide column disables everything.

ddudley3ddudley3 Posts: 20Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited March 2013 in Plug-ins
I am utilizing the 3 plugins along with sAjaxSource and a text file in my website.

I have no issues with ColReorder, it seems to be great. I'm able to exclude the columns I don't want to move around etc.
FixedColumns I cannot get to work in my site. I've made it match to the example page exactly and it still won't work.

With ColVis I can change the text on the button, add a restore button etc.
However, once I'm in the selectable drop down of the columns, I can uncheck and the column goes away, I can click on the same column that is now unchecked and the column returns on the grid, but the check box doesn't get checked again. Whether I check a column or not once I'm in the column drop down, I hit the button again to hide the window the entire page is disabled still and I have to reload the page. I thought it was the number of columns I had in the list since it was off the page, so I excluded enough to reduce it so the window wouldn't go over the page, but it didn't solve the problem.

Is there something I'm missing with this to allow the check boxes to work right and the page not to be disabled?

[code]

$(document).ready(function() {
var oTable = $('#example').dataTable( {
"sDom": 'RC<"clear">lfrtip',
"bProcessing": true,
"sAjaxSource": 'newjson.txt',
"oColVis":
{
"aiExclude": [0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34],
"buttonText": "Change columns",
"bRestore": true,
"sRestore": "Restore to Default"
},
"oColReorder": {
"iFixedColumns": 2
}
} );
new FixedColumns(oTable);
} );

[/code]

Replies

• ddudley3ddudley3 Posts: 20Questions: 0Answers: 0
    I think I found the issue here... Had moved to latest version of the Jquery.js. That's a big problem since the support for $browser is gone.
    one thing I would like to know, is there a way to style these checkboxes to not have a long list .. make them side by side or something? I have like 50 columns to be able to hide/show
    also anyway to save this column layout so when I come back into the page next time, it's already there the same as I had left it?
  • phattanaponphattanapon Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0
    "bStateSave": true
    I use this for ColVis to remember the last selected columns. I haven't tried with ColReorder though
    great thanks phattanapon
This discussion has been closed.