Input bug in filter global search

Input bug in filter global search

muhanadmuneermuhanadmuneer Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited February 2013 in Plug-ins
Good evening,
Iam using a custom filter instead of using global filter through created input with special id and using fnFilterAll widget but the problem that when I disable the main filter which embedded with datatable the plugin become listen to any input in the page.In other word, the plugin receive any input control in the page as filter e.g. I have an autocomplete search input [code] [/code] This input to get information from database when I put any word in this textbox the data in the table which use datatable plugin hide.I try to put another input without id the data in datatable hided and the table became empty.
Anyone can tell me how I can put the custom filter without any conflict between input controls in the page.

Replies

• mjdinsmoremjdinsmore Posts: 10Questions: 1Answers: 0
    Why disable the filter? Just don't include it in the sDOM for display.
  • allanallan Posts: 61,757Questions: 1Answers: 10,111 Site admin
    Agreed - if you disable filtering, you disable filtering... Exactly as mjdinsmore says, remove `f` from sDom .

Allan
  • impressthenetimpressthenet Posts: 4Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Just wanted to make note that disabling filtering didn't work in my scenario (where I have datatables as well as jquery UI Combobox widgets on the same page. sDom has no reference to 'f' and only uses a combination of lTrtpi.

When I type anything in the .combobox input field, the datatables on the page are triggered with a matching filter (to what was typed.)

Ideas?

Thanks.
  • allanallan Posts: 61,757Questions: 1Answers: 10,111 Site admin
    Please link to a test case so I can debug and fix the issue.

Allan
This discussion has been closed.