- I have a Datatable with its own Editor.
- This editor has a select-field "producttype" which triggers a dependent select-field "productsList".
- The list feeded into the field "productsList" is too long and becomes unreadable because of it.
- So I would like to add option groups
- I found this question in which Allan says: "This is the format (ID/text) select2 expects, and editor needs value/label, so you'll need to convert it."
- I managed to provide the ajax-result in the necessary format, but I can't seem to figure out how to tell the editor to just use the select2 format instead of the editor format.
So my question is now: am I supposed to use the "optionsPair"-attribute to convert the feeded ajax-result myself or is there a way I can tell the editor to use the select2 format?
Thanks in advance,
This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer