Possible bugs with Opera browser v102.0.4880.56

Possible bugs with Opera browser v102.0.4880.56

dynasoftdynasoft Posts: 422Questions: 67Answers: 3

Link to test case:
Debugger code (debug.datatables.net):
Error messages shown:
Description of problem: Hi, I use Opera and presumably this is the same issue with Chrome and it is now throwing errors where it wasn't before with older versions. The browser updated itself 2 days ago. It does not like the way for tags are added by DT to labels when creating editor forms. See code and screenshots below. Please advise.

table: '#tblDataTable1',
    //template: $('#divEditorForm1').clone(),
    template: '#divEditorForm1',
    fields: [
        {
            label: '',
            name: 'ContactTrans.id',
            type: 'hidden'
        }, {
            label: captionsarray.filter(p => p.label == 'lblContactType')[0].value + '*:',
            name: 'ContactTrans.ContactType',
            type: 'select',
            options: [],
            def: '-1'
        }
        }
    ],

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,743Questions: 1Answers: 10,111 Site admin

Hi,

Thanks for flagging this up - it is specific to the hidden input type. Because there is no input element the for attribute is irreverent. I'll get that sorted.

Many thanks,
    Allan

• dynasoftdynasoft Posts: 422Questions: 67Answers: 3

Thanks Allan

If you review my messages you'll see that you did a special version with a correction for another issue 2 years ago. Can you please ensure whatever mods you did then are in any new fix you make to 1.9.6. Thanks.

1.9.6 is no longer being updated I'm afraid. If there is any major security issue I'd update it, but otherwise there will be no new 1.x releases.

Also the fix will be in the Javascript libraries rather than the .NET dll for Editor.

Allan

Hi, please confirm the change you did at the time is included is v2. Thanks.

Can you also provide a link to the changelog for all versions after 1.9.7 Thanks

Sure, it is linked from the download page. The release notes for all version are available here.

There is a blog post summary for 2.0 and 2.1.

Allan

Thanks.

Are versions 2 and above faster than 1.9.6, espcially the core Js part? Is there a possibility to try the new version for a few days as I'm concerned things will break. Maybe all will be fine.

Here's what we use:
    VS 2019
    c# MVC .Net
    Jquery v3.3.1
    AdminLTE v2.4.5
    Bootstrap v3.3.7

Thanks.

We release the server-side and client-side libraries in tandem. If you look at the release notes you'll see that they include information about both the client and server-side libraries. There release versions match.

What to do is create a new account on this site and download a 2.2.2 trial version just to make sure everything is a-okay. It should be - I don't see anything in your list that would present an issue.

Allan

Thanks Allan. I will update but later as I'm happy with what I have but don't want to break anything. I am having issues with some client code (server code is fast enough) as it is taking over 10 minutes to render 40k records. I will open a new ticket.

edited September 2023

The for tag issue seems to be quite widespread. I get it on all my pages espcially when opening an Editor form. I also get other errors which I might post more about. None of these are show stoppers but they're still thrown. I note that if I create labels with no for tags Opera flags the label and recommends using a for tag which is a tad contradictory. It flags it as a recommendation rather than an error.

Any page which has an hidden on it will have this issue. It won't impact general use, although screen readers might have a problem with it.

If it happens on pages without hidden and is caused by a DataTables element, I'd need a link to a page showing the issue.

Allan

Will look out for it. Thanks.