DataTables-Editor-Server.dll and MySql.Data

DataTables-Editor-Server.dll and MySql.Data

dynasoftdynasoft Posts: 422Questions: 67Answers: 3

Link to test case:
Debugger code (debug.datatables.net):
Error messages shown:
Description of problem: I have version 1.9.6 of DataTables-Editor-Server.dll and would like to know what is the highest version of the .Net connector for Mysql.data that is compatible with that version of your DT component. I keep getting version conflict errors in Visual Studio saying it's expecting v8.0.33. I'm using 8.1.0. Thanks.

Answers

• dynasoftdynasoft Posts: 422Questions: 67Answers: 3

The version on this page https://editor.datatables.net/download/1.9.7#Downloads of the DT assembly is for v1.9.6 not v1.9.7. Please advise where can I get v1.9.7.

• allanallan Posts: 61,743Questions: 1Answers: 10,111 Site admin

The 1.9.6 and 1.9.7 DLLs for Editor are identical. The only change in the 1.9.7 release was in the PHP libraries, as per the release notes you linked to. It is quite possible I missed releasing 1.9.7 of the .NET libs since it was a PHP security fix only.

<PackageReference Include="MySql.Data" Version="8.0.12" />

is the reference in the project package file. That is what we would have tested with back then.

I would have expected 8.0.33 to be compatible with 8.0.x API-wise, but perhaps something somewhere is getting its versions muddled up.

Allan

Thanks Allan. Another possible cuase might be that 1.9.6 uses the 32bit connector nd not 64bit? v8.1.0 does not offer 32bit it seems: https://dev.mysql.com/doc/relnotes/connector-odbc/en/news-8-1-0.html

I don't think we specified that at all. I presume that it would depend upon the target output of the program. I don't recall running into issues with that I'm afraid.

You could try using the 2.x server-side libraries. They should work with Editor 1.9 client-side code. The data interchange hasn't changed (we've added support for SearchPanes / SearchBuilder, but they will just be ignored if the parameters aren't sent).

Allan

Do you have a link for the server-side libraries plz. Thx

They are available on Nuget.

Allan

Thanks. Would you have a link to the documentation for it please?

The documentation for our .NET libraries is available here.

There was no major API change for 2.x. The code you had for 1.x should just work if you drop the new dll in.

Allan

Many thanks.