Slow Display of large table in Chrome

Slow Display of large table in Chrome

gregarmfieldgregarmfield Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

I'm using server side processing and verified it's only returning 10 rows of the 50,000, but it takes 20-30 seconds to display the table in Chrome compared to Firefox which displays in 2-3 seconds. I tried in Safari and it displays in about 13 seconds. I test the database query and it returns in 582 ms.

Any ideas why it's so much slower in Chrome? Smaller data sets return quickly in Chrome, it's only the large ones which take are so slow.

Answers

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,309Questions: 26Answers: 4,770

I test the database query and it returns in 582 ms.

Is that using the browser's network inspector to time the request/response?

Are you using columns.render or using any of the Datatables callbacks to manipulate the data?

Without seeing what you are doing its hard to say. Can you post a link to your page so we can take a look?

Kevin

• gregarmfieldgregarmfield Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

I just used a stop watch to time screen loads. I'm not using columns.render or any database callbacks, it's pretty simple. Unfortunately I can't show the screen because it's behind an application sign up.

You are not aware of general issues which would cause chrome to be 10x slower than firefox?

• colincolin Posts: 15,144Questions: 1Answers: 2,586

As Kevin said, hard to say without seeing it. There's no reason why it should be the case. If you can link to your page, we can take a look,

Colin

This discussion has been closed.