SearchPanes - Can you filter by date greater than or less than?

SearchPanes - Can you filter by date greater than or less than?

morrtymorrty Posts: 29Questions: 6Answers: 0
edited April 2020 in Free community support

Can you filter by search pane by greater than or less than?

I have two hidden columns that are enabled for SearchPanes. They are both using the same data (ship date). I want to be able to click a date in the start pane which filters the table for dates greater or equal to the value clicked and also if the user picks a date in the end pane to filter dates less than or equal to the value clicked. The values should be populated in the search panes based on the data presented (this already works). I would also hope that the values work with cascading (example if user picks a start date, no end dates before that date are shown in the end date search pane).

Is this possible?

Screenshot:

https://i.imgur.com/M2pOuai.png

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• sandysandy Posts: 913Questions: 0Answers: 236

Hi @morrty ,

Take a look at this example. It shows how you can create custom filtering options on a pane.

Hope this helps,
    Sandy

• morrtymorrty Posts: 29Questions: 6Answers: 0
    edited April 2020

Thanks, @sandy

I saw that but I don't think it's quite what I'm looking for as the choices need to be dynamically driven by the data in the table and in that example they're all statically defined in the options.

• morrtymorrty Posts: 29Questions: 6Answers: 0

As an alternative I'm just going to let the user ctrl or shift click the dates in the one pane.

• sandysandy Posts: 913Questions: 0Answers: 236
    Answer ✓

Hi @morrty ,

Yes that should work well for you as well. I'm currently working on another searching filter that will allow users to sort on conditions just like you have described above. So, keep an eye out on the blog in the coming months for that :)

Thanks,
    Sandy

• asukitttaasukittta Posts: 4Questions: 1Answers: 0

Is this searching filter available? @sandy
    Thanks

• colincolin Posts: 15,146Questions: 1Answers: 2,587

I think @sandy was referring to SearchBuilder which is available - see examples here,

Colin