found a tiny bug for ckeditor/tinymc

found a tiny bug for ckeditor/tinymc

INTONEINTONE Posts: 153Questions: 58Answers: 6

I found that when doing an init for tinymc/ckeditor if you have something like this:

"label": "Form Body:",
                                "name": "forms.form_body",

where name has a "table.column" it will cause the init process to fail. All I had to do was remove the "table." as example above "forms." and the init process worked. Thinking about it, this may have been the reason why a couple other plugins I tried failed.

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,787Questions: 1Answers: 10,115 Site admin

Hi,

Thanks for this and good timing as I was thinking about a related error just a few minutes ago. What I think is happening is that the element is being assigned an ID based on the name, but with a dot in it, that makes it part id and part class name...

I need to add some processing to Editor to fix that. I'll have it in the next release.

Thanks,
    Allan

• INTONEINTONE Posts: 153Questions: 58Answers: 6

Its becoming an issue when i need to have a table.column name declared. can you point me in the right direction as it relates to doing a quick fix?

I the plug-in, everywhere that it uses conf.id - replace with conf.id.replace('.', '_') and that should do it. Or even better, assign it once to a variable and reuse that variable.

Allan

• INTONEINTONE Posts: 153Questions: 58Answers: 6

Thanks Allan. I tried this and it worked.

Good to hear - thanks! I'll update the plug-in and Editor core shortly.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.