Loading with ajax => disables sorting icons

Loading with ajax => disables sorting icons

rva2atntrva2atnt Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

On my company browser (IE 8) even the examples in this website do not work in 1.10 but do work in 1.9

For example, I go to this page and click on the Office column. The data sorts, but the sort icon does not update:
http://datatables.net/examples/ajax/simple.html
But if I go here and click on the platform column the data sorts AND the icon DOES update:
http://legacy.datatables.net/release-datatables/examples/ajax/ajax.html

I'm sure you would have noticed but just to confirm, is it only me which has this issue? Thank you, its a great product.

Answers

• rva2atntrva2atnt Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

Just to clarify, my only issue is the sort icon not updating.

• shickeyshickey Posts: 18Questions: 1Answers: 0

I've reported this problem and haven't heard anything about it except that he'd look into it. More info about it here (while the guy who reported the problem didn't have the same issue, I discuss it with Allan in that thread).

• allanallan Posts: 61,762Questions: 1Answers: 10,111 Site admin

Yup - bit overwhelmed at the moment with everything to do, and the shear number of forum posts (not sure how to resolve that...). I will try to to look at it soon.

Allan

• shickeyshickey Posts: 18Questions: 1Answers: 0

Thanks for the response Allan. I really love your product and am super happy with it. It's unfortunate that you even have to support older IE versions and just as unfortunate for me and rva2atnt that we are still forced to use it at all!

• rva2atntrva2atnt Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

I have more information. I see that I have this issue when Ioading JSON data from a file (as done in the example). BUT when I switched to loading JSON data from a server via a URL, then my sort icons update correctly. I actually don't have a need to load from a static file, I just like to start simple.

More information on the load from a file case. If I had two grids on the screen, one with static data and one with ajax data. Both grids stopped updating the sort icons after my first ajax load.

This discussion has been closed.