Visible setting doesn't seem to be working

Visible setting doesn't seem to be working

SinistralisSinistralis Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

columns: [{"data":"firstName","class":"firstName","sortable":true,"searchable":true,"visible":true}, {"data":"lastName","class":"lastName","sortable":true,"searchable":true,"visible":true}, {"data":"customId","class":"customId","sortable":true,"searchable":true,"visible":true}, {"data":"email","class":"email","sortable":true,"searchable":false,"visible":true}, {"data":"resend","class":"resend","sortable":false,"searchable":false,"visible":false}, {"data":"remove","class":"remove","sortable":false,"searchable":false,"visible":true}]

With the above, the 5th column completely ignored my setting of visible:false and defaults to true. I checked it using .columns(4).visible(). I can correctly hide it using this call as well, but obviously the default initialization should be doing that for me. This happens with any row that I set to false. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,758Questions: 1Answers: 10,111 Site admin

Please link to a test case showing the issue, as required in the forum rules.

Allan

• SinistralisSinistralis Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

Well the reason I didn't post a test case is that it isn't going to be simple giving one to you, the requirement needs finished first and merged into master.

If I am still seeing this issue, I will post back here once it's merged in so I can actually toss you a dev link and we can go from there.

• allanallan Posts: 61,758Questions: 1Answers: 10,111 Site admin

This link shows it working as expected: http://live.datatables.net/danelaj/1/edit . So yes, I'd need a way to reproduce the error to be able to offer any help.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.