Send filter criteria back to servlet?

Send filter criteria back to servlet?

crunchfactorycrunchfactory Posts: 29Questions: 8Answers: 2

We're having a fairly massive problem figuring out how to send the filter query back to the servlet so we can make a very large csv file from our datasource. We're in 1.10.. When we just tried to make a request to the servlet in tabletools, we would be sending table structure and data back to the servlet, which of course, errors out; we just want to send whatever was being filtered in the search/filter box along with a simple query string:

\servlet?action=csv

for example. Whenever we tried using any of the embedded buttons, we sent client side structure, etc...

Thanks! We're sooooo close!

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• crunchfactorycrunchfactory Posts: 29Questions: 8Answers: 2

Wow. Ok, that was scary/tough... So, we're using ajax.params() - very, very nice. I mean really, that's a beautiful thing right now!!!!!

Is there a way I connect a button in TableTools to this information, and toss it the url in the process? Or do I need to put another button in the mix?

• ashiersashiers Posts: 101Questions: 8Answers: 7
    Answer ✓

I think you might want to look at the many examples starting on this page:

https://datatables.net/extensions/tabletools/examples

You should get an idea as to how to add a button there and send via ajax whatever parameters you like to the server side.

• crunchfactorycrunchfactory Posts: 29Questions: 8Answers: 2

Hi Alan, thanks, I did, they need to be brought up to 1.10... I'm putting together a brute force method to use the current filter to send the request with, but it's fairly hacky..

This discussion has been closed.