How do you tie into the column sorting event?

How do you tie into the column sorting event?

RpiechuraRpiechura Posts: 98Questions: 3Answers: 14

Subject says it all, I'm looking to tie into the column sorting event because I'm experiencing an odd bug with 1.10 where clicking on the thead will sort the wrong column. IE I'm reordering the columns so they're in the order of 3, 1, 2, 0 and clicking on the first column is instead sorting column 0 in the new place. I'm guessing it's an issue with ReorderWithResize but I need to be able to debug it.

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• RpiechuraRpiechura Posts: 98Questions: 3Answers: 14

I never did figure out how to do this, but I no longer need it seeing as I fixed the issue without it.

• allanallan Posts: 61,744Questions: 1Answers: 10,111 Site admin
    Answer ✓

Hi,

Sorry I missed this at the time! I suspect the problem will be ReorderWithResize - it hasn't been maintained (its third party) and ColReorder needed a number of updates to be fully compatible with 1.10, which the ReorderWithResize plug-in will be missing.

Longer term, I am going to make a resizable columns plug-in for DataTables...!

Allan

• RpiechuraRpiechura Posts: 98Questions: 3Answers: 14

Yeah, I was able to get it working for the most part. I'm sure there is going to be a bug in it at some point, but for now it's working as expected, I just wanted to know how I should go about trying to fix it myself. I more or less figured it out with chrome dev tools.

This discussion has been closed.