When you post a question in the forum it can be really frustrating if you don't receive a reply. If this happens in your discussion thread, please keep in mind that the forums are very busy - there typically are more than 30 new threads a day asking for assistance and not every question can be answered by the developers of DataTables.
To keep DataTables current and continue developing new features we have to strike a balance between providing support for DataTables and working on development of the software. Obviously spending 100% of time on support will not benefit anyone in the long term.
So how do I get a reply?
Some steps that you can take to help ensure that you do receive a reply:
- Follow the forum rules
- Search for similar questions using the search bar at the top of every page
- Give a link to a test case showing the issue so it can be debugged
- Answer questions from other developers. If you help others, others are more likely to help you!
- Wait at least 24 hours after posting your question.
If it is urgent and you need a reply, SpryMedia Ltd (the company that makes DataTables) provides professional support maintenance contracts:
- Quick support - for when you need an answer to just one or two questions.
- Long term maintenance and support - for when you need assurance that any issues that crop up in future will be addressed promptly and professionally.