Invoking date time plugin

Invoking date time plugin

aaronwaaronw Posts: 89Questions: 3Answers: 4

I'm trying to use the date time picker at https://editor.datatables.net/plug-ins/field-type/editor.datetimepicker . I downloaded the JS for the DT plugin as well as the JS and CSS for the picker itself. However, when I try to make a field of that type it doesn't seem to fire. Do I need to invoke the plugin separately in the editor.on ("open",... ) function? I added that but it doesn't seem to make a lot of difference. I did see the class datetimepicker applied to the input field using the html debugger so something seems to be working correctly.

var editor = new $.fn.dataTable.Editor({
    "ajax": "oncalledit.php",
    "table" :"#oncall",
    "fields":[
        {label:"Time of Call",name:"calltime",type: "datetime",opts:{format:'yyyy-mm-dd'}},
        {label:"Duration",name:"duration"},
        {label:"Callee",name:"callee"},
        {label:"Caller",name:"caller"},
        {label:"Method",name:"method"},
        {label:"Type",name:"type"},
        {label:"Details",name:"details"}
    ]
});

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,443Questions: 1Answers: 10,053 Site admin

type: "datetime"

That should really be all that is needed.

I'd need a link to the page to understand why it isn't working please.

Allan

• aaronwaaronw Posts: 89Questions: 3Answers: 4

ah-hah, I made some progress I'm using the Bootstrap styling and the popup for the calendar appears "beneath" the create new entry box. Poking through the HTML, the calendar appears to have a z-index of 1010. I can just see the bottom of it under the new entry box and when I click on one of the days it vanishes. However, it only does that when I have it invoked datetimepicker() in the editor.on("open") function. If I comment that out, there doesn't seem to be any response (but I still see the HTML it added)

So in bootstrap-datetimepicker.js:

if (!this.zIndex) {
            var index_highest = 0;
            $('div').each(function () {
              var index_current = parseInt($(this).css('zIndex'), 10);
              if (index_current > index_highest) {
                index_highest = index_current;
              }
            });
            this.zIndex = index_highest + 10;

and I think it sets it to 1010 because the edit box isn't there yet an the default is 1000? I choose 'new' from Buttons, and the edit box is 1050. I could probably smash this into submission by making it +100 instead of + 10 , but any other ideas on what is a cleaner way to fix it?

Answer ✓

I'd probably just set it in the CSS.

Editor 1.5.2 is going to feature its own built in date / time picker which should work a bit more seamlessly.

Allan

Ok thanks for the feedback. Any timeframe for a 1.5.2 release date? The less I need to use external libraries the better, as I've always found DT documentation and usability to be excellent.

Hoping it should be the end of this week. If not, early next.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.