understanding editor join json object elements to populate select list

understanding editor join json object elements to populate select list

matthewjmatthewj Posts: 39Questions: 2Answers: 0
edited March 2013 in Editor
Can anyone explain the format of json object which is part of editor json to populate select list in editor? For eg I am referring to the json in example: http://editor.datatables.net/release/DataTables/extras/Editor/examples/join.html
ie I couldn't understand the meaning of {
"value": "1",
"0": "1",
"label": "IT",
"1": "IT"
} as in below json which is a part of the below json. I understand that its for populating the select list in the example but what is "0": "1" and "1": "IT"

"dept": [
{
"value": "1",
"0": "1",
"label": "IT",
"1": "IT"
},
{
"value": "2",
"0": "2",
"label": "Sales",
"1": "Sales"
},

Replies

• matthewjmatthewj Posts: 39Questions: 2Answers: 0
    Is there anyone who can explain this or point to a link which explains this?
  • allanallan Posts: 61,438Questions: 1Answers: 10,052 Site admin
    The `0` and `1` are actually redundant and not used. That's an error in the SQL fetch, getting both array values and keys. Only the keys are needed.

Allan
    Thanks Allan for the clarification. Now I understand that its redundant. Related to this: can we use any string for the nodes "value" and "label". ie, can we have { "someid": "2", "title":"Sales"} instead of { "value":"2", "label": "Sales"} ?
  • allanallan Posts: 61,438Questions: 1Answers: 10,052 Site admin
    Currently no - it is only label and value pairs which are supported at this time. I will be relaxing this constraint to allow functions in future as well, but to use a different set of parameters, you'd need to either make a small change to the Editor core or use a plug-in field type which does support the parameters you want.

Allan
    Thanks Allan
This discussion has been closed.