Themeroller vs. Bootstrap for Editor

Themeroller vs. Bootstrap for Editor

jensqjensq Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited November 2012 in Editor
So, I love the ability to use Themeroller styles for the base DataTables - works great with a few caveats - but it doesn't look (to me, at least) like there's an easy (i.e. built-in) way to get the Editor popups to incorporate the Themeroller styles. A couple of questions: a) Does it sound like I'm missing something simple? b) If not, any plans (or other help from the community) to support Themeroller for Editor before I start blindly hacking into this? Or is this a subtle hint that I should start using Bootstrap? ;-)

Thanks -- J.Q.

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin
    > A couple of questions: a) Does it sound like I'm missing something simple?

No you are quite right - there isn't currently a jQuery UI modal display controller for Editor.

> b) If not, any plans (or other help from the community) to support Themeroller for Editor before I start blindly hacking into this?

It should actually be relatively simply to get a jQuery UI modal working with Editor. A new display controller would be needed ( http://editor.datatables.net/tutorials/display_controllers ), but all that it would need to do is bring up a modal and insert the node Editor passes into the `open` method. I'll take a look at this later today.

> Or is this a subtle hint that I should start using Bootstrap? ;-)

Hah - I must admit I do prefer the Bootstrap styling myself, but moving forwards with both DataTables and Editor I want to spin each into its own integration file (like that which has been done for Bootstrap already). The goal being that it should not be just Bootstrap and ThemeRoller that DataTables works with, but anything with a little bit of customisation.

Allan
  • jensqjensq Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Great - thanks very much, Allan!

--J.Q.
This discussion has been closed.