Instalation error with editor in wamp

Instalation error with editor in wamp

MLCstudioMLCstudio Posts: 4Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited October 2012 in Editor
Hi,

I got datatables to function on my wamp instilation and then tried the editor plug in. I have a clean instal and have updated my config file to match my sql. The page loads all the css files etc. but reports an error with the json formatting. Does anyone recognise this problem I can provide screen shots if you want and if there is a way to check if its accessing my sql database I'll do that too. Many thanks. C Also I need to get up to speed with json and javascript as I only know simple php and html and this is going to be letting me down anyone know a good set of tutorials??

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,431Questions: 1Answers: 10,048 Site admin
    Sounds like this issue: http://datatables.net/faqs#json .

Allan
  • MLCstudioMLCstudio Posts: 4Questions: 0Answers: 0
    fields(Field: : inst('engine')->validator('Validate: : required'),
    Field: : inst('browser')->validator('Validate: : required'),
    Field: : inst('platform'),
    Field: : inst('version'),
    Field: : inst('grade')->validator('Vali
    date: : required'))->process($_POST)->json();

Hi think I got something from that. This is the JSONLint response to my return to this browser request. The same request on the website gives propper array data. datatables/DataTables-1.9.4/extras/Editor-1.2.1-Trial/examples/php/browsers.php

Does this mean I have a problem with the conection to my sql? I have put the right info in the config file I beleive. Can send images of myphp privilages and my config file if it will help.
    If you got the above in the Ajax return, then it looks like the server isn't processing the PHP. Can you either link to your page or run the DataTables debugger on the page please?

Allan
    The debugger ran for 30mins without giving me a result. Tried twice at around 9 a.m pacific coast time.

As it is just the example file I may decide to just use the internet for that and try and intergrate into my data I already have loading. More likely to just work out an editor for myself though, chose to use this one for convenience.
    > The debugger ran for 30mins without giving me a result. Tried twice at around 9 a.m pacific coast time.

Bummer - sorry about that.

I'd need a link to the page to be able to see what is going wrong in that case.

Allan
    Ok thanks for replying so promt. As the site is just running of my on computer wamp server I can't give out links. It could well work on my web server in which case the problem doesn't really have a lot to do with the build of the program.
    Thanks
    C
This discussion has been closed.