Datatable FixedColumns row selection

Datatable FixedColumns row selection

segnini75segnini75 Posts: 6Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited December 2011 in Plug-ins
Im trying to do a row selection using the fixed column plugin but I can't manage to get that.

In principle, as the object that returns FixedColumns() doesn't have .fnSettings().aoData i cant access to the properties that control the styles (in all the table model not only in visible layer).

With normal dataTables i'm doing it simply doing in that way:

[code]
$('.dataTable tbody').click(function(event) {
$(tablas[tab].fnSettings().aoData).each(function (){
$(this.nTr).removeClass('row_selected');
$(this.nTr).find("input[type=radio]").removeAttr("checked");
});
$(event.target.parentNode).addClass('row_selected');
});
[/code]

That doesnt work with fixedColumns!.

Then im trying to access to the old datatable model generated before the FixedColumns() call but I can only access to the right part of the table (yes, these with the scroll wrapper).

Any help please?

Thanks a lot

Replies

• fbasfbas Posts: 1,094Questions: 4Answers: 0
    Don't you have a reference to the DataTable object?

[code]
    /*
    * Example initialisation
    */
    $(document).ready( function () {
    var oTable = $('#example').dataTable( {
    "sScrollY": "300px",
    "sScrollX": "100%",
    "sScrollXInner": "150%",
    "bScrollCollapse": true,
    "bPaginate": false
    } );
    new FixedColumns( oTable );
    } );[/code]

you can still use oTable.fnSettings();

the FixedColumns object won't be a DataTable, but you still have a DataTable object.
  • segnini75segnini75 Posts: 6Questions: 0Answers: 0
    edited December 2011
    Yes I have it (tablas[tab] ) but selections doesn't work with that reference object.

the code works fine with dataTable without fixed columns but after inicialization of FixedColumns().
    edited December 2011
    Another thing about this topic is the fact that when i try to do this (see code) the aPos variable have a problem, if i click on the "Scroll" part of the table works ok returning the node i have to work (for the right part). but when i click on left side of the table (fixed columns) aPos its NULL then i cant access to teh other side of the model. Please givme a hand with that! thanks a lot.

[code]
    alert("evt:"+event.target);
    aPos = tablas[tab].fnGetPosition(event.target.parentNode);
    alert("Posicion: "+aPos);
    [/code]
    I was able to select the entire row aplying a new style using attr("class","row_selected"); but only works on the "Scroll" part of the table. If i click on the left side it doesnt do anithing. Aditionally i have to call fnDraw(false). I have to find a method to access to the oTable object via the onClick over the "fixed" part of the table.
This discussion has been closed.