When using the select-list filter in a row the list is incomplete.

When using the select-list filter in a row the list is incomplete.

koniahinkoniahin Posts: 186Questions: 39Answers: 7

Laravel
Bootstrap 4

I'm attached images to illustrate the problem. My partner enable one of the select list rows and we can selectively choose which columns to display the list. What I found is that the list does not display complete results. The results are limited to what displays upon initial page load according to:

pageLength: 10,

If a choice is beyond the first 10 it will not display even if we click on List entries and update to a large number. The workaround solution is to set pageLength to a number greater than the number of rows.

Image 1 - selected 25 to show what is beyond #10 in the email column.

Image 2 - compare result in email filter with the complete list. Both bobs are missing.

Is there a way to make it show all elements regardless of pageLength?

Answers

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,142Questions: 26Answers: 4,736

One of a couple things comes to mind.

1. The code to build the select list is only able to obtain the data displayed on the page. How are you doing this? See this example.
    2. You are using server side processing which means only the table data is limited to the page being displayed. Options are to turn off server side processing unless it is needed. Or for the server script to look at the data parameter (see the SSP parameters) sent and when it is 1, (the initial table load) build the select lists and return it with the first response. Then use ajax.dataSrc to process the options to build the client side select options.

Kevin

• koniahinkoniahin Posts: 186Questions: 39Answers: 7

I will have to defer to my associate who knows this stuff better than me. It will be one-two weeks before he can check in.

In the mean time I changed the pageLength to a really high number so it loads all the records and we can choose to switch to 10 if that makes the eyes hurt.

If you sign up for the account according to my instructions in the other posts, you can now test this behavior using either Businesses/Contacts or Businesses/Contracts 2 forms.

I set the length to 10. There are 14 records so 4 extend beyond the first 10. In the City select list filter you will see 4 cities listed.

San Juan Capistrano and City of Angels fall beyond the 10 limit and don't display.

I am not the technical authority here. If you need a tech question answered I will have to ask my associate. Tx

If you sign up for the account according to my instructions in the other posts, you can now test this behavior using either Businesses/Contacts or Businesses/Contracts 2 forms.

I set the length to 10. There are 14 records so 4 extend beyond the first 10. In the City select list filter you will see 4 cities listed.

San Juan Capistrano and City of Angels fall beyond the 10 limit and don't display.

I am not the technical authority here. If you need a tech question answered I will have to ask my associate. Tx

I adjusted the pageLength to 5 to make the problem more obvious.

Please sign up for an account on www.smokeymo.xyz. Ignore the email. Let me know when you have signed up and I will adjust your access level to be able to access the form.

www.smokeymo.xyz/bin/businesses

I posted a couple questions above. Answering those would give us a good idea of what the problem might be. Maybe you or your associate can answer them.

Kevin

I thought he looked at that but I will double-check. Couple days.

We are using server side processing and yes it is currently showing select filters of the visible records.

How do we keep the server side processing functionality which helps performance especially with lots of rows - and still populate the select filters with all available distinct options?

As I said above:

You are using server side processing which means only the table data is limited to the page being displayed. Options are to turn off server side processing unless it is needed. Or for the server script to look at the data parameter (see the SSP parameters) sent and when it is 1, (the initial table load) build the select lists and return it with the first response. Then use ajax.dataSrc to process the options to build the client side select options.

Kevin