Autofill: Vertical only autofill shows autofill modal

Autofill: Vertical only autofill shows autofill modal

pcmatthewpcmatthew Posts: 5Questions: 3Answers: 0

Hi,
We have been using v2.3.4 of autofill in a project and recently attempted to update the version however we've noticed that autofilling vertically will always bring up a confirmation modal. It appears this started in the version after (v2.3.4) and appears to be present in the latest one (v2.4.0)

Dragging horizontally seems to work correctly where it shows no confirmation, and dragging vertically and horizontally seems to work correctly where I'd expect to see the confirmation modal.
I may be misunderstanding but shouldn't the vertical autofill just complete the action instead of showing the modal like horizontal does?

Please see the test case (which has both enabled), but you can disable one or other and see how the functionality works. As well as change the version back to v2.3.4 to see what it did previously
http://live.datatables.net/bevopago/1/edit?html,js,output

Thanks

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,142Questions: 1Answers: 2,586

Yep, I'm seeing that too in our basic example - thanks for reporting. I've raised it internally (DD-2574 for my reference) and we'll report back here when there's an update.

Cheers,

Colin

• pcmatthewpcmatthew Posts: 5Questions: 3Answers: 0

Hi Colin,

Thank you for the update - glad it wasn't something we were doing wrong.
    We will await an update.

Thanks

• allanallan Posts: 61,635Questions: 1Answers: 10,092 Site admin
    Answer ✓

I've just committed this change which addresses this problem.

It was caused by this rather innocuous looking change so it has been around for 3 years! I think it might actually reintroduce the original issue now, but I'm not too concerned about that at this point.

I'll tag up and release the fix in the next few weeks. Until then, if you want to try it, the nightly will rebuild shortly.

Allan

• pcmatthewpcmatthew Posts: 5Questions: 3Answers: 0

Hi Allan,
    Just tested it now and works lovely!
    It must have just happened after we previously updated as this time around it didn't go as we expected :D
    Thanks for the quick response and fix. Will await a full release.

Thanks again