Downloads disallowed?

Downloads disallowed?

dwagnerdwagner Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

We are using datatables excel export button in a simple html report containing a single table of data. The export works fine when the page is accessed as a local file by chrome or firefox. We deploy to a local artifactory service. When the page is served from artifactory the export button does not work. In chrome developer console I see the error:

Download is disallowed. The frame initiating or instantiating the download is sandboxed, but the flag ‘allow-downloads’ is not set. See https://www.chromestatus.com/feature/5706745674465280 for more details.

It also fails in Firefox (but no error message). Seems to work in Safari.

From what I understand the chrome behavior is related to the referenced security feature. I can't see how to do that in this case since there is no explicit iframe in my site. Has anyone else seen this behavior or have any idea how to fix?

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,112Questions: 1Answers: 2,583

That would be something to discuss with your artifactory service - they'll be the ones using the iframe so they would need to set that attribute.

Colin

• dwagnerdwagner Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

The chrome error suggests that this is a property that can be set in the iframe itself which, I presume, is being generated by this plugin. Is it not possible to have the plugin set this property in the iframe as suggested by the error message? I am not an expert on this but it seems like that is the intent of the plugin.
    Thanks,

• tangerinetangerine Posts: 3,342Questions: 35Answers: 394

DataTables does not use an iframe.
    As Colin already said:

That would be something to discuss with your artifactory service - they'll be the ones using the iframe so they would need to set that attribute.

• dwagnerdwagner Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

Sorry for being dense here but if datatables is not using any iframe and I know that my website is not creating any iframe, why is chrome complaining about iframes? I'm talking specifically about the excel download button feature here. Everything else in datatables seems to work except for the excel export.

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,144Questions: 26Answers: 4,736

The export works fine when the page is accessed as a local file by chrome or firefox. We deploy to a local artifactory service. When the page is served from artifactory the export button does not work. In chrome developer console I see the error:

According to your description the iframe error occurs when you introduced the artifactory service. Have you looked at the docs for that service regarding iframes? I suspect that when the artifactory service serves the page it is placed in an iframe.

Datatables does not use iframe tags.

Kevin

• allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin

We'd really need a link to the page showing the issue to be able to offer any extra information, but as the other have said, DataTables does not create an iframe. You can search the source to confirm that.

Allan