Cascading SearchPane and Loading Indicator

Cascading SearchPane and Loading Indicator

vevmkop@outlook.comvevmkop@outlook.com Posts: 5Questions: 2Answers: 0

Link to test case:
http://live.datatables.net/zozedoti/10/edit (not my test case; copied from https://datatables.net/forums/discussion/66629/searchpanes-loading-event-on-filter)

Error messages shown:
no errors

Description of problem:
Hello,

I have a large table with 5-10k rows; complex custom filters; and I would like to use Cascading SearchPanes. I tried all suggestions I found in the forum, and the linked test case works in theory. The problem is that console.log('show processing icon'); is shown right after clicking an option in a SearchPane, but $('#loading').show(); only starts showing up once the table and SearchPanes have been redrawn.

It's difficult to understand because of the limited dataset in the test case, but it takes around 3-5 seconds to redraw my data and the loading indicator is just shown for a brief moment after everything has finished up loading.

Is there a way to show a loading indicator right after clicking in a SearchPane?

Any input is appreciated,
Thanks

Answers

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,144Questions: 26Answers: 4,736

When. you say you have "complex custom filters" are you referring to client side Search Plugins or server side processing?

Kevin

• vevmkop@outlook.comvevmkop@outlook.com Posts: 5Questions: 2Answers: 0

Thanks for your reply @kthorngren

I'm referring to "Custom Filtering Panes" as shown here.

However, when removing those custom searchpane filters, there's still a noticeable lag when clicking a filter (I guess 2-3 seconds instead of 4-5 seconds).

Server-side processing with custom filtering panes are not supported as of now

• vevmkop@outlook.comvevmkop@outlook.com Posts: 5Questions: 2Answers: 0

anyone? :smile:

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,144Questions: 26Answers: 4,736

@allan will need to take a look. I did some experimenting but it seems the UI is locked up for a period of time and the $('#loading').show(); is delayed. The console shows show processing icon immediately after the SP row is clicked but the spinner doesn't appear at the same time. It appears late like you mentioned.

Kevin