Modal details display not working

Modal details display not working

carrara.christophecarrara.christophe Posts: 6Questions: 2Answers: 0

Hello,
I am failing to have the Modal details display mode work.
In order to try to find the root cause, I decided to start from the example, but I have the same issue: no + button on each row of the datatable.
Any idea of where it could be coming from?
Any way I could retrieve the code from the example, so I am sure I am not missing something?

This question has accepted answers - jump to:

Answers

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,144Questions: 26Answers: 4,736
    Answer ✓

If your page is wide enough to display all the columns then you won't see the plus sign. Make sure you have both the responsive.js and responsive.css installed. Use the Download Builder to get the correct code.

Check the browser's console for errors.

Any way I could retrieve the code from the example,

Most of what you would need is in the tabs of the example, like th eHTML and CSS tabs. However you could look at the page source but I don't think there is anything there to help.

If you still need help please post a link to your page or a test case replicating the issue so we can see what you have.
    https://datatables.net/manual/tech-notes/10#How-to-provide-a-test-case

Kevin

• carrara.christophecarrara.christophe Posts: 6Questions: 2Answers: 0

Hi Kevin,
    My apologies for this dummy question. The details button was indeed not appearing because all the details were displayed. Is there a way to have the view buttons always visible?

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,144Questions: 26Answers: 4,736
    Answer ✓

If you don't have any hidden rows what would you like the button to do? Seems it would be confusing to have the button if there is nothing to show.

This example shows how you can pick a column to always hide it which will show the button.

Kevin

• carrara.christophecarrara.christophe Posts: 6Questions: 2Answers: 0

It would give me a summary of all the details, that I could export or print.
    Thanks for the tip, I will dig into that.