pagination/input.js plugin with Editor and inline edits - difficult to get focus into Page Input box

pagination/input.js plugin with Editor and inline edits - difficult to get focus into Page Input box

msand01msand01 Posts: 54Questions: 24Answers: 1
edited July 2018 in Plug-ins

I recently started using the input.js plugin along with DataTables and Editor to be able to jump to a page easily. It works great for the most part. However, I noticed when editing a cell, if before you hit enter, you click into the Page input box, the input box never gets focus, but the focus is still active in the cell you were just editing. But, if you first click out of the table (e.g. click the DT Search box) or anywhere outside the table, it first saves your cell value and then you can successfully enter a value in the Page input box.
I think it is more a by-product of the inline editing & save on blur/enter than anything else. Just curious if anyone else has noticed this behavior and if there is a way to avoid it (short of having users first click outside the table, and then click into the Page input box).
(I am using all the latest libraries including KeyTable 2.5.0-dev)

dtTable = $("#EditorTable").DataTable({
        data: itemsJson,
        scrollX: "100%",
        scrollY: 650,
        lengthMenu: [30, 50, 100],
        pageLength: 100,
        scrollCollapse: true,
        order: [[1, 'asc']],
        orderClasses: true,
        stateSave: true,
        stateDuration: 0,
        pagingType: 'input',
        keys: {
            columns: [ 1,4,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16 ], 
            editor: dtEditor,
            editOnFocus: true,
            drawType: 'page'
        }
});
// Activate an inline edit on click of a table cell
 $('#EditorTable').on( 'click', '.table-cell-edit', function (e) {
        dtEditor.inline(this, {
            onBlur: 'submit',
            drawType: 'page'
 });

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,451Questions: 1Answers: 10,055 Site admin
    Answer ✓

Interesting - thats not one I've come across before. I'm planning to rewrite the input paging type sometime soon as its a bit of a mess at the moment and the plug-in system offers a lot more since it was originally developed.

There must be a preventDefault or stopPropagation somewhere in the input plugin that is causing this issue.

Allan

• msand01msand01 Posts: 54Questions: 24Answers: 1

That would be great, thanks.

• msand01msand01 Posts: 54Questions: 24Answers: 1

There was an example on your site that actually had the odd behavior I'm describing, but I can't find it anymore.

• allanallan Posts: 61,451Questions: 1Answers: 10,055 Site admin

If you manage to find it, please do let me know!

Allan

This discussion has been closed.