going crazy - works fine on PC with XAMPP but on my website nope,

going crazy - works fine on PC with XAMPP but on my website nope,

GarryMGarryM Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0
edited March 2023 in Free community support

I tried that debug and upload and it says "404 - Page not found
Sorry, the debug trace you are looking for does not exist or is private."

Anyway ajax and server side, everything works flawlessly on PC running xampp, exact same files and settings on webhost and error DataTables warning: table id=example and server.php gives a 500 error due to SSP::simple( $_GET, $sql_details, $table, $primaryKey, $columns ) opened up ssp.class.php and nothing in there that I could figure out . All MySQL details are spot on. Oh and debug javascript snippet "15 tests complete. No failures or warnings found!" I am going mad, link checked to see if any missing javascript files etc and no, everything on my webhost is a mirror of my xampp site so it doesn't make sense unless I haven't got a php module or something install?

On xampp
Data source: Ajax
Processing mode: Server-side
Draws: 5
Columns: 5
Rows - total: 50
Rows - after search: 50
Display start: 0
Display length: 50

On website

Data source: Ajax
Processing mode: Server-side
Draws: 1
Columns: 5
Rows - total: 0
Rows - after search: 0
Display start: 0
Display length: 50

Not sure how helpful that is though...

I also edited server.php and used the same credentials to connect and query the same database and print out the results so all details are 100 percent correct. After commenting out SSP::simple( $_GET, $sql_details, $table, $primaryKey, $columns )

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,722Questions: 1Answers: 10,108 Site admin

I tried that debug and upload and it says "404 - Page not found

It should probably be 401 really. Its a privacy thing. Since it uploads data from the tables on your page, only I can access the debug traces. If you let me know the 6 character code I'll be able too look at the trace.

For a 500 error you need to look at the server's error logs. It could be literally anything on the server from a permissions error to a character encoding error.

You could try adding:

error_reporting(E_ALL);
    ini_set('display_errors', '1');

At the top of your PHP file - which should cause the PHP server to show errors on the page (you would want to remove that for production though).

Allan

• GarryMGarryM Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

Thanks but I gave up and started from scratch testing each step of the way between offline and live and so far so good.

• allanallan Posts: 61,722Questions: 1Answers: 10,108 Site admin

Fair enough. It can be so frustrating having it work locally and not on a production server!

Allan