How do I set a server directory path in export options?

How do I set a server directory path in export options?

EPettersonEPetterson Posts: 9Questions: 3Answers: 0

Just as the title says, I want to find a way to export to a server side directory, not the default path which is the downloads folder. Is there a way on how to do this? Thanks in regard!

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,438Questions: 1Answers: 10,049 Site admin

Do you mean a client-side path? I.e. when using the export Buttons it creates a file on the client-side and saves it to the computer browsing the site?

If so, then there is no option for that. I'm not aware of any browser that has an API to save a file to a specific location.

Allan

• EPettersonEPetterson Posts: 9Questions: 3Answers: 0

Ok, I understand, so I can't export a file to a specific path either client side or server side, in order to do this I would have to generate this file directly from the server, in that case how do I achieve that?
    Thanks in advance!

• allanallan Posts: 61,438Questions: 1Answers: 10,049 Site admin

You can do it on the server-side sure. Use whatever programming language you are using to create a file. On the client-side you can generate a file and then tell the browser to download it, but you can't specify where to. If you want to create a file client-side with the data from a DataTable, use the Buttons extension.

Allan