$(...).DataTable is not a function on v1.12.0

$(...).DataTable is not a function on v1.12.0

MaximianoMendezMoralesMaximianoMendezMorales Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0

Hi everywhere...

I post this discussion because when i updated at the last version of datatables always i get the error:
$(...).DataTable is not a function.

And when I enter to main page of datatables this show like that:

The datatables never renders and trigger same error.

THERE IS A SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM?
Thanks and regards.

Replies

• colincolin Posts: 15,112Questions: 1Answers: 2,583

Have you include jQuery - that's a prerequisite so you need that included first.

Colin

• allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin
    edited May 2022

For the error on our landing page, what browser are you using please? I've had two other reports of a similar issue, but we aren't seeing it ourselves. Also, have you tried a ctrl-f5 refresh? Finally, what happens if you open the page in Incognito mode?

Regarding the error on your own page, as Colin says, make sure you have included jQuery. If it isn't that, please give us a link to the page showing the issue.

Thanks,
    Allan

• mczajkmczajk Posts: 8Questions: 2Answers: 0
    edited May 2022

Allan,
    I have this issue in latest Chrome, Edge and Firefox, also in incognito mode, but only if my browser is set to something other than English as UI language.

This is Edge set as English:

This is Edge set as Polish:

• allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin

Hi,

Thanks for identifying that it is in the Polish language that there is a problem. Unfortunately I'd made a mistake in my internalisation support, which was causing an error in languages which don't use a thousands separator when displaying numbers such as 1000 (an assumption I should have known better about!).

I've committed a fix for it now and the site is up to date. DataTables nightly will carry this fix in about 5 minutes and I'll do a 1.12.1 release in the next few days with this change.

Regards,
    Allan