Strange behaviour with destroy of datatable when using SearchPanes

Strange behaviour with destroy of datatable when using SearchPanes

cj1005cj1005 Posts: 142Questions: 45Answers: 1

Hi, I have multiple web pages that contain a datatable, where the datatable is only initialised once a search condition has been entered, this is working well.

But, I created a new webpage with the same setup as above and it works on the first search but subsequent searches (which causes the datatable to be destroyed and then re initialised) are throwing the error: "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of null (reading 'clientWidth')".

I've been through the code & compared it to a working web page and the only difference I can see is the new page has searchPanes enabled, so I disabled searchPanes and now it works correctly, so just to confirm the issue I re-instated searchPanes and the error returns.

Thought I should report it to try and get a fix.

I'm happy to give access to my web app to demonstrate the issue if required, just pm me.

Thanks, Chris

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin

Hi Chris,

What version of SearchPanes are you using please? I've just tried a simple destroy and re-initialise here and it seems to work okay.

Allan

• cj1005cj1005 Posts: 142Questions: 45Answers: 1

Morning Allan,

I imported the same version as in your example above & I still get the error.

I'm using SeachPanes via a button rather than directly on the page, not sure if that makes any difference.

I'll pm you access to my web app with instructions on how to replicate the error.

Thanks, Chris

• jacobicarbonsjacobicarbons Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0

Hi Chris,

I am experiencing the same issue on a single page app where I have multiple DataTable using the SearchPanes extension.

Did you find a solution?