Is it possible to add ajax triggered checkbox column on datatable?

Is it possible to add ajax triggered checkbox column on datatable?

msm_baltazarmsm_baltazar Posts: 59Questions: 22Answers: 0

Hello,

I am using datatable in an asp.net mvc based project. I need to make changes in the datatable upon a request of my client. My client wants a checkbox column to mark the records on the datatable as "seen and viewed". When I check the checkbox on the row, I need to make the record seen in the database with an ajax request. My customer wants to see the viewed and reviewed records in another tab or in another place. So to give details; The customer viewed the record (line), took action on it, then I will check a checkbox on that line and I will change the visibility of the record by sending a request to the server with an instant ajax request. Is there a ready example of a datatable for this? Is it possible to mark the check box on the line and send an ajax request? Thank you very much for your help in advance.

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,118Questions: 1Answers: 2,583

For table editing, take a look at Editor. In this example, you can see the checkbox field is part of the data being returned to the server when edited.

Colin

• msm_baltazarmsm_baltazar Posts: 59Questions: 22Answers: 0

I want to do the subject I mentioned by using the free feature of datatable. Is it possible.

• colincolin Posts: 15,118Questions: 1Answers: 2,583

It is possible as Editor is doing it, but you would need to implement that functionality that exists in Editor already.

Colin