FC 4.0 issues with hidden columns

FC 4.0 issues with hidden columns

jklosinskijklosinski Posts: 15Questions: 6Answers: 0

Thanks for the replies with the other threads regarding FC 4.0. I have found another issue.

With FC 4.0, if there is a hidden column that is frozen on the left, the right frozen columns get very wonky.

Here is a FC 4.0 example which demonstrates the problem.
For reference, here is a working example with FC 3.3.

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• sandysandy Posts: 913Questions: 0Answers: 236

Hi @jklosinski ,

Thanks for the test cases - something isn't right there. I've raised an issue internally (DD-2320 for my reference) and will report back here when there is an update.

Thanks,
    Sandy

• jklosinskijklosinski Posts: 15Questions: 6Answers: 0

@sandy Thanks. As an addendum: even when I move the hidden columns to the middle of the table such that the frozen columns on both sides only include visible columns, the same type of issue occurs.

Hi @jklosinski ,

That should be the issue fixed now as you can see at this example.

This will be available in the next FixedColumns release which we hope will be in the next few weeks. Until then you can access the fix from the nightly builds.

Thanks,
    Sandy

@sandy Thanks. That update seems to have fixed my particular use case, but if you change the number of fixed cols to 3 instead of 2 in your fiddle, the left fixed columns still have issues: the seem to be fixed but are below the table when you scroll and the third column doesn't get fixed to the left.

Hi @jklosinski ,

Thanks again for pointing this out.

That should be the issue fixed now as you can see at this example. This will be available in the next FixedColumns release which we hope will be in the next few weeks. Until then you can access the fix from the nightly builds.

Thanks,
    Sandy

@sandy As always, thanks very much for the reply. The sample you provided didn't have any hidden fixed columns, so I played around with it and found that it errors in certain cases such as this one. Open full dev tools and you should see ''Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'bVisible')".

Also, when I comment out both hidden columns to avoid the error (link), the columns fix correctly but there are some rendering issues:
    * On load in Chrome/Edge, the Position column body rows are one pixel wider than the Position header column. In Firefox, the same problem appears as soon as you scroll horizontally.
    * In all 3 browsers, after initial load when I scroll over to the right, the header cell for Position slides to the left by one pixel.
    * In all 3, after initial load, sort by the Name column and note that the Position header moves over by 1 pixel.

I appreciate your help, thanks again.

Answer ✓

Hi @jklosinski ,

Thanks again for pointing these out. I've made a couple of fixes for the above bugs. See this version of your first test case, and also your second test case.

Thanks,
    Sandy

@sandy Error is gone now, thank you.

The only major thing with FC 4.0 + hidden columns that remains, then, is the difference in how many columns are frozen. If you take a look at the 3.3 example from my original post at the top, note how the config specifies that two columns on the left should be fixed but only one actually gets fixed; by contrast, if you look at your latest 4.0 sample which also specifies the same configuration, two columns on the left are fixed (the frozen count is now ignoring hidden columns). Was this change intentional?

The rendering issues are improved but I still see some issues with the column borders not lining up and/or not being visible when you horizontally scroll which are new in 4.0. But I will start a separate thread for those issues once I get a chance to poke at it more.

Hi @jklosinski ,

Was this change intentional?

It was yes. We think that it makes sense for FixedColumns to only apply to visible columns. Doing this has become possible where it wasn't before due to the fixedColumns().left() and the fixedColumns().right() methods, which allow the number of FixedColumns to be actively changed.

Thanks,
    Sandy