angularJS + angular-datatables + datatables.net 1.11 + gulp uglify == Error => `true`

angularJS + angular-datatables + datatables.net 1.11 + gulp uglify == Error => `true`

leocelloleocello Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited September 2021 in Bug reports

I had an error when trying to deploy our application Today. It uses angularJS (I know, it's old, but that's not the case as it's too big to update just like that). And angular-datatables requires"datatables.net": ">=1.10.9" and "datatables.net-dt": ">=1.10.9".
The problem is that it downloaded 1.11, rather than the old 1.10.25 that was working fine before.
One more thing our application uses is gulp and gulp-uglify for production. And it just didn't work. This is the error I got:

And checking the source I saw it was updated 2 days ago.

The way I fixed it was forcing the version 1.10.25 on my bower,json file - as angular-datatables is not accepting issues for AngularJS anymore.

Any better suggestions?

Thank you!

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,444Questions: 1Answers: 10,053 Site admin

Hi,

If you try it again now it should work. I released v1.11.1 to resolve exactly this error over the weekend. The issue is the minifier you are using doesn't support let variables, which we'd used for a single variable in the code of 1.11.0 (we've been writing a lot of ES6+ code recently and it slipped in!).

Allan

• leocelloleocello Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0

Hey mate, I saw your commit to fix that and I tried after that but weird, it still doesn't work - the same error happens, and I checked, the version bower downloaded was 1.11.1 and the error was still there on the compiled file.

Sorry about that - I'm seeing the error as well and have just tracked down the cause in our build scripts. We'll get it patched and re-released. I'll post back here when done.

Allan

• leocelloleocello Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0

All good man, thank you very much for your attention. For now I'm forcing the version 1.10.25.
    Cheers.

DataTables 1.11.2 fixes it now. no more let variables :).

Allan