IE 11 error Searchpanes Cascading (findIndex)

IE 11 error Searchpanes Cascading (findIndex)

rostrost Posts: 26Questions: 9Answers: 1

Hello,
while testing somthing that make use of Searchpanes (cascading), with modern browsers everything runs fine.
But with IE11 (11.0.9600.18860) the debugger throws an error saying "object does not support "findIndex" in searchPanes.js (see screenshot attached), and searchpanes does not work.
Does anybody know about this error, and could you please give an advice how to fix it?
If any additional information is needed, please tell me.

This question has accepted answers - jump to:

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,112Questions: 1Answers: 2,583
    Answer ✓

I just tried this example with IE11, and that worked as expected without any errors. Could you look at that, please, and see if it helps. If it's still not working for you, please can you link to your page so that we can see the problem.

Cheers,

Colin

• rostrost Posts: 26Questions: 9Answers: 1

Hi Colin, thank you for answering - your example helped me solving the problem. My fault - sorry for bothering you: I was using an outdated version (1.1.1) of searchpanes - shame on me :-/
    BTW: I'm using the helpful "Datatable debug" - tool. Was it possible to add version control for searchpanes etc?
    All the best, Robert

• colincolin Posts: 15,112Questions: 1Answers: 2,583
    Answer ✓

We've always avoided having built-in version checking, as there may be cases where you'd want older versions. There are so many extensions the code would be complex!

But glad you got it sorted,

Colin

This discussion has been closed.