RowGroup 1.1.0 "ReferenceError: that is not defined" when dataSrc is null

RowGroup 1.1.0 "ReferenceError: that is not defined" when dataSrc is null

Loren MaxwellLoren Maxwell Posts: 382Questions: 93Answers: 10
edited February 2019 in Bug reports

I recently upgraded to RowGroup 1.1.0.

Now when I show a table with null data in the dataSrc column, the console shows an error "ReferenceError: that is not defined" and the "processing" portion continues to show.

Here's my page:
https://ghsfha.org/w/Special:SeasonHome?view=regions&season=2018&org=GHSA&class=A

Notice that three regions (1-A, 2-A, and 5-A) do not have sub regions (the dataSrc is null for those three) and those are the three that are generating the three "that is not defined" reference errors.

Also notice that the actual placement of the "processing" indicator is a little misleading since it appears on top of the "Playoffs" tables, but I've verified it is indeed the region standings tables that generate the reference error.

This question has accepted answers - jump to:

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,112Questions: 1Answers: 2,583
    Answer ✓

Hi @Loren Maxwell ,

Yep, I've reproduce that in this simple test case here. I'll raise it and report back here when resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I'm not sure about the placement of the processing, I'll get someone else to comment on that.

Cheers,

Colin

• allanallan Posts: 61,431Questions: 1Answers: 10,048 Site admin
    Answer ✓

The nightly version of RowGroup has a fix for that.

I'll tag it up and release along with a few other things before the end of the month.

Allan

• Loren MaxwellLoren Maxwell Posts: 382Questions: 93Answers: 10

Thanks @colin and @allan .

Also, I'm not worried about the placement of the processing indicator, only noting it because it might give the impression that it's one of the other tables generating the error.

Hey @allan, just circling back around to see if you'll soon have a chance to update the DataTables CDN with the latest version of RowGroup.

Unfortunately the release has slipped a bit. I'm working on an update for Editor and planning on doing a combination of releases together. It's coming :).

Allan

Sounds good. Looking forward to it, as always!

Hey @allan, at the risk of seeming ungrateful for free software, I'm just posting a small note that I'm (patiently) checking everyday for the RowGroup update . . . :-)

Yeah - sorry. It slipped my mind when I did the other releases on Friday. I'll likely tag it up this Friday.

Allan

Hey @allan, just checking back in ?

Its coming - honest :). I've just been working on other things and want to package a few things up at the same time.

Allan

OK, no problem! I appreciate all you do!

• AlestormAlestorm Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0

Hey allan,

What's the current status on this topic?

Hi @Alestorm ,

We were just talking about that - hope to get a release out in the next 4-6 weeks. We're currently making changes to the CDN (only internal, you won't notice any difference) and are aiming to get that out first, then make product releases afterwards.

Cheers,

Colin

• maeser@gmail.commaeser@gmail.com Posts: 5Questions: 1Answers: 0
    edited August 2019

Any update on this issue? I'm encountering it as well.

Wait, we're still inside of the 4 - 6 week window. Nevermind

Expecting to get the releases done before the end of August. We've got a lot of moving parts for this one, including an major update to our CDN, all of which are taking time.

Allan

• sakura77sakura77 Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0

Hi allen,

how far along is that update? If not available soon, I would go back to the old version of using the drawCallback-function.

Thanks,
    Daniel

Hi @sakura77 ,

Apologies for the delay, we're aiming for a couple of weeks.

Cheers,

Colin

• digimonstadigimonsta Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hi,

Is this issue resolved now? I am getting the exact same error detailed here, even with the latest CDN version.

Kind Regards,

Blake

Yeah, it should be fixed. Could you link to a test case - a test case that replicates the issue will ensure you'll get a quick and accurate response. Information on how to create a test case (if you aren't able to link to the page you are working on) is available here.

Cheers,

Colin

This discussion has been closed.