Responsive table with row reorder. Reorder handle conflicts with the collapse expand button

Responsive table with row reorder. Reorder handle conflicts with the collapse expand button

CraigJCraigJ Posts: 30Questions: 12Answers: 2

I have a datatable with row reorder. The first (displayed) column is the sequence number and also the reorder "handle". When columns are hidden to a collapsed child row the collapse/expand button cannot be clicked.

I have attempted to use the details.type.inline to move the controls to the last column, but that doesn't seem to work regardless of target. When I use details.type.column I can get the control to the last column, but it sits on top of the column content.

I would really prefer not to have to add a blank column for the collapse button

Looking for suggestins or something I'm overlooking.

https://c9pets.erpecommerce.com/express/ add a couple of items to the grid. TOYRED, CRATEWIREPK

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin
    Answer ✓

The problem is that you are basically trying to use the same column for two different controls. The libraries probably should detect the different between a click and drag and a click and immediate release, but that functionality isn't built into Responsive at the moment.

You would indeed need to use separate columns at the moment.

Allan

• CraigJCraigJ Posts: 30Questions: 12Answers: 2

I don't have a problem moving the controls to the last cell on the right. Is there a way to get it to move the data in that cell the way it moves the data in the first cell with the default settings?

• allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin

Do you mean the padding that is added to allow space for the Responsive icon? That padding would be applied to any column (it isn't actually padding - the icon does actually take up space in the layout).

It would still be on the left in the final column - you would need to alter the CSS if you want it to appear on the right.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.