Problem with select2 plugin

Problem with select2 plugin

skingsking Posts: 5Questions: 2Answers: 0
edited March 2015 in Plug-ins

I'm having trouble figuring out how to use the select2 plugin. I have the select2 js and css files in my page along with the editor and select2 plugin stuff. This is what my editor initialization looks like for the dropdown:

{
              label: "Manufacturer",
                name: "manufacturer",
                type: "select2",
                ipOpts: manufacturerList,
                opts: { "allowClear": true }
            }

Is there something else I need to do to make this work? I'm not seeing it in the documentation. The dropdown is just a regular dropdown, it's not a select2 one.

Answers

• skingsking Posts: 5Questions: 2Answers: 0

I was wrong, select2 is working in the "new" popup box for adding new items. However, I also want the select2 dropdown to be used for inline editing of rows. Is this possible?

• allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin

Hi,

That looks like it should work okay. Are you able to give me a link to your page so I can take a look and see what is going wrong please?

The one thing that springs to mind is that the value being edited is not the same as the values in the select list (this can happen when you try to use the label as the value for example).

Allan

• skingsking Posts: 5Questions: 2Answers: 0

I'm an idiot. I was looking at the wrong grid when I was testing, the one I added the select2 option too was in another screen. It's working fine. Sorry to waste your time!

• allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin

No worries - good to hear it is working now :-)

Allan

This discussion has been closed.