Editor 1.4.0-beta.1 release - final beta

Editor 1.4.0-beta.1 release - final beta

allanallan Posts: 61,438Questions: 1Answers: 10,049 Site admin

Hello all,

I'm very pleased to announce the release of Editor 1.4.0-beta.1, the second, and likely final beta before 1.4.0 final is released. As always the latest version of Editor can be downloaded form its download page. This is a free upgrade for all license holders (and everyone currently running a trial!), as will be 1.4.0 final.

This release focuses on rounding off the features for the new .NET libraries, including a new MJoin class for one-to-many joins, support for Azure databases, PostgreSQL and more. On the Javascript side the new dependent() method has been introduced which allows fields to be very easily linked with actions defined by user input. I'll be blogging about this in the near future as it is a powerful method that can be used in a number of different ways!

Full release notes (changes from the previous beta) are available on the Editor web-site.

Editor 1.4 is shaping up to be an exciting release, and any feedback you have from the beta will be warmly welcomed. If you run into any issues, please open a new thread so we can discuss and resolve each issue individually.

Regards,
Allan

Replies

• TimothyMTimothyM Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0

Does support for Azure databases also mean support for MS SQL Server type of SQL? Alot of what my co-worker and I have used editor for in our company feeds into MS SQL Server and thus I've always had to write custom server code to handle the interactions, return JSON objects, etc. It would be nice if I could utilize the 'generator' to avoid writing as much boilerplate stuff.

• allanallan Posts: 61,438Questions: 1Answers: 10,049 Site admin

Hi,

Sorry I missed your question here before! Yes, SQL Server is supported for both the PHP and .NET libraries and the updated Generator will create the SQL and PHP/C# code needed to operate with them.

Regards,
    Allan

This discussion has been closed.