Colvis settings classnames

Colvis settings classnames

ellipsisellipsis Posts: 23Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited October 2013 in Feature requests
The colvis extension does not have an extendable classnames string or object like the TableTools extension.
This would be very usefull.

For example: The bootstrap modification are added by extending the classnames, for the colvis extension I had to overwrite the source to get the same result.

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,451Questions: 1Answers: 10,055 Site admin
    I'm thinking of actually rolling ColVis functionality into TableTools... My plan is to make TableTools a bit more modular in its next major revision (3) with the key components being:

[code]
    * Buttons
    - HTML buttons
    - Flash buttons
    - Column visibility buttons (built on the HTML buttons)
    * Row selection
    * Print view (built on the HTML buttons)
    [/code]

It should be possible to just have row selection if that is all you want for example. Indeed, DataTables 1.11 is going to be more modular, so it will be possible to not have the API if you don't want the API, or not have the sorting code if you don't want sorting.

That's the plan!...

Allan
  • ellipsisellipsis Posts: 23Questions: 0Answers: 0
    That sounds excellent!

When the new release is there (documented ;) ) I will try to get it to integrate with our mvc structure, or CANJS.

At the moment we use a function to detect flash and if so, extend the tabletools buttons with the flash buttons.
    Sounds great. In fairness, I expect TableTools 3 to be more towards the middle part of next year. DataTables 1.10 and Editor 1.3 this December is the plan, then a couple of plug-ins I've been planning for DataTables, with TableTools 3 following that.

Allan
    It seems you're seriously improving dataTables, do you have a roadmap?

Tabletools is not so bad at the moment actually. (except the Flash part... :P ) Do you expect problems using the current tableTools plugin with the new dataTables 1.10?
    Yeah - I'm loving the updates I'm making and planning to make. I hope you all do as well :-)

Roadmap is available here: http://datatables.net/development/roadmap .

TableTools current release isn't compatible with 1.10, but if you grab the version from git, that is fully compatible with 1.10 :-). TableTools used a private API (bad me) which changed in 1.10...

Allan
    Can these versions be used, or do they need more testing?
This discussion has been closed.