Last stable version for FixedColumns?

Last stable version for FixedColumns?

croccroc Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited July 2013 in Plug-ins
Hi, I'm new here and discovered dataTables yesterday, so bear with me.

Currently we are using dataTables 1.9.4 (last version). I updated it to it from 1.8.2 yesterday. Today I tried to update FixedColumns from 2.0.2 to 2.0.3.

My problems:
-I don't know which version is the last stable. 2.0.2 was working without issues. And in the download section you have to download the file to see that the 2.0.3 is the last proposed while the nightly one is on 2.5.0.
-2.0.3 is creating several problems: The "processing..." indicator never disappears when you use a filter to search on the tables.
Also, i got the error: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'className' of undefined on FixedColumns.js

Thx for your help

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,642Questions: 1Answers: 10,093 Site admin
    Not sure what has gone wrong with the script for the downloads page there, but 2.0.3 is the stable version - although you note that there are problems with it.

Try 2.5.0-pre and see if that works. However, if 2.0.2 works without issues, continue to use that.

I've fallen a bit behind with the plug-ins of late while trying to get DataTables 1.10 read for release. While 1.10 is in be tea I'll be working on updating the plug-ins.

Allan
  • croccroc Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Tried 2.5.0-pre: filters are working properly. Though the cells are changed and things like that (i.e I have some display issues).
    I'll stay on 2.0.2 for now, thank you for your answer.
    Are you able to link me to a page that is having problems with 2.5.0-pre? That would be a huge help to me so I can fix those errors and move 2.5.0 closer to being stable.

Thanks,
    Allan
  • croccroc Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Unfortunately I can't. We rolled back to 2.0.2 and I don't think you could access the website. Anyway it may not be the code that is wrong, more the ids, labels, divs, class, etc. Thing is if it's the case, there is no interess to update and then have to spend hours to adapt the code to get no improvment (don't break what works). That's mainly why whe rolled backed, no offense ;)
    None taken! Its good that the old version works :-).

Unfortunately without test cases which break the 2.5.0-pre release I can't promise that the issues with it will be fixed when it is released since I'm not aware of what the problem is, but hopefully someone else will be able to provide such a test case.

Allan
  • rugbymanrugbyman Posts: 0Questions: 0Answers: 0
    I am also having a problem related to this. I have a FixedColumn with a horizontal filter and the fixed column does not sort along with the others. I think this has been seen before here http://datatables.net/forums/discussion/9596/fixedcolumns-and-sorting-problem/p1
    but if I try to use the nightly version 2.5.0.dev I get other problems. Can any give me a fix to the bug in the thread referenced above, or point me in the direction of a version with that bug fixed?

Thanks very much in advance if anyone can help.
This discussion has been closed.