Paramaters not found why it is looking for them I don't know

Paramaters not found why it is looking for them I don't know

duomi8duomi8 Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited July 2013 in Editor
This is 2nd attempt at posting, the 1st one blew up. I am trying to use Datatables and Editor to update values in the database using MVC. The dialog is displayed, the database updated. Great. But it complains about a parameter not found. It only complains about this once the server has done its stuff and before the Editor dialog closes.

I am having much difficulty in finding out what JSON is expected by the Success function of ths Ajax call, if any, if this is indeed the problem. Surely it just needs to refresh the page to do a redraw. When the Editor dialog box dissappears the screen does actually get updated, perhaps the problem is part of this update. However, the filtering and the rest of the datatables functionality is working fine, just after an updated the error message appears.

I am new to datatables & editor, but not to software development. If there is indeed a wealth of documentation on this that I have missed, please feel free to point me to it. Many thanks

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin
    > I am having much difficulty in finding out what JSON is expected by the Success function of ths Ajax call

This is documented here: http://editor.datatables.net/server/ .

Perhaps you can link us to the page so I can take a look and say what is going wrong?

Thanks,
    Allan
  • duomi8duomi8 Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Thanks Allan I missed that. Now I can see that only the id is mandatory and it should work. It is not a public facing site so not so easy to give you a link. The error I am getting is 'DataTables warning (table id='accountsTable'): Requested unknown parameter 'Balance_BackOffice' from the data source for row 463. AccountsTable is the id of the datatables table.
    Okay - so I guess the question is what is in the data source for the row - presumably not a parameter called `Balance_BackOffice` based on the error message. Are you returning a `row` parameter, or are you letting Editor create one (by not returning one)? If the former, what is the object being passed back - if the latter, do all of the Editor fields match the DataTables columns?

Allan
  • duomi8duomi8 Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Yes thats it, not all of the datatable columns were in the list of editor fields. I have added and hidden them. Thanks
    Fantastic - good to hear you got it going.

Do let me know if you have any further questions about Editor or any suggestions for improvements before (or after) you purchase it, if the trial does what you want.

Regards,
    Allan
This discussion has been closed.