editing form for individual cell

editing form for individual cell

vinod_ccvvinod_ccv Posts: 75Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited April 2013 in Editor
Hi Allan,
I am trying to make an attendance sheet and make entry through a form appearing on clicking each cell matches the employee and the date.
db tables i m using is an attendance entry( where date and other leave details are entered )
using the dom table (not ajax ) i made the table appearing and marked present or absent on it.

[code]Employee Apr1 Apr2 Apr3 etc [/code]

Now I have to update the entry against each date for each employee using modal form. I could not edit whole row as it is not different fields but different records of same db table.
Can you please guide me for a solution. or is it almost impossible by data table editor?

thanking you
Vinod

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,710Questions: 1Answers: 10,103 Site admin
    Individual cell editing is perfectly possible. You'd just initialise the editing for with only the single field to be edited configured for editing.

Allan
  • vinod_ccvvinod_ccv Posts: 75Questions: 0Answers: 0
    edited April 2013
    thank you Allan,
    So I initialized the editor for date of absence of the employee.
    But...Normally we used to get the row id to edit a record containing the entire row
    [code]
    // Edit record
    $('#example').on('click', 'a.editor_edit', function (e) {
    e.preventDefault();

editor.edit(
    $(this).parents('tr')[0],
    'Edit record',
    { "label": "Update", "fn": function () { editor.submit() } }
    );
    } );
    [/code]
    1) How to pass the row column value, as in my case( values are employee number and date) so as to edit the data base row contains that employee number -date pair

2) is there any tutorial on set method to set the values of the fields based on the values we get from Ajax.
    Regards
    Vinod
This discussion has been closed.