Changing the standard modal dialog form

Changing the standard modal dialog form

franswawfranswaw Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited February 2013 in Editor
Hello all,

I'm able to make changes to the layout via CSS commands e.g.

div.DTE_body_content {

height: 600px;
width:1000px;
overflow:scroll;
}

I want the following:
* How to allow the end-use to resize the window. div.DTE {resize:both} doesn't work
* How to allow the end-user to move the window on the screen
* Most important: when you click outside the edit window the form is immediately closed (it looks like a cancel). Normally with modal diaolg forms you cannot click outside the window. Probably it isn't a true modal dialog form.

Kind regards,
Frans Kraak

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,660Questions: 1Answers: 10,094 Site admin
    Hi Frans,

> * How to allow the end-use to resize the window. div.DTE {resize:both} doesn't work

Currently this isn't possible - it would require additional code to be added to the lightbox display controller in Editor. The feature is absolutely possible - it just isn't a built in feature.

> * How to allow the end-user to move the window on the screen

Again this isn't a built in feature of the Editor modal. It would require a different display controller or a change to the built in display controller.

> * Most important: when you click outside the edit window the form is immediately closed

This is a feature of the built-in lightbox display controller which you could either remove from the code, or remove the click event from the element when it is shown.

It sounds to me like you might be best using a new display controller which uses a modal library that provides the features you are looking for. The jQuery UI dialog control for example perhaps?

The documentation for the display controller interface is available here:
    http://editor.datatables.net/docs/current/Editor.models.displayController.html

Regards,
    Allan
  • franswawfranswaw Posts: 2Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Hi Allan,

May be a studid question : what do I have to do after loading the jQuery UI library te use that modal dialog form? So far I used jquery-editable plugin and there thats done by default.

Regards,
    Frans
  • allanallan Posts: 61,660Questions: 1Answers: 10,094 Site admin
    Have you created a display controller for Editor using the API in the link in my post above? If so, then you simply use the `display` initialisation option and set it to whatever your plug-in's name is.

I don't have a pre-built plug-in to use jQuery UI at this time I'm afraid, but it is something that will be looked at for a future released and supported plug-in.

Allan
This discussion has been closed.