Editor

Editor

GVKGVK Posts: 4Questions: 0Answers: 0
edited January 2013 in Editor
Hello, we are using Datatable to build client's application and are loving it!! We also have a need to use Datatable's Editor plugin because of the awesome features that it provides.

Here's my question regarding Editor plugin:

Is Editor plugin free (like DataTable) or do we need to purchase license in order to use it in our application?

Thanks!

GVK

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin
    Great to hear you are enjoying using DataTables!

Unlike DataTables, Editor is not free open source software and does required a license to use and develop with. A license can be purchased from this page: http://editor.datatables.net/purchase/ . The license is very flexible, allowing you to reuse the software on as many sites as you require (there is no domain limit), with the price simply depending on the number of developers who will be working with Editor.

There is a 15 day free trial (which you can get from the purchase page) for you to try out Editor (with a few limitations in the trial).

If you have any questions about Editor's licensing or abilities, please feel free to drop me a line.

Allan
  • GVKGVK Posts: 4Questions: 0Answers: 0
    Thank you very much, Allan! Appreciate your fast response.

The client am working with is extremely cautious when it comes to licensing, purchasing etc., I would have to convince whole bunch of people and involve management / legal and go through a big process in order to purchase this feature. They always encourage us to use Open Source which is built clean and has awesome support (which DataTable qualifies anyways!). Unfortunately, for Editor, I would have to pass on and look for other alternative. How I wish it was a simple process at my end. :( :(

Anyways, I am mighty impressed with what you guys have been doing. Thank you very much for building this awesome Open Source.

Cheers!

GVK
This discussion has been closed.