Editor - "No Data Available in table" message suddenly appearing, despite no changes to script

Editor - "No Data Available in table" message suddenly appearing, despite no changes to script

melphmelph Posts: 37Questions: 1Answers: 0
edited December 2012 in Editor
Hi

I have had DataTables Editor working for many months now, no issues or problems. I checked one of my development pages yesterday and again, editor was working fine, table being populated absolutely fine.

I have opened up the development webpage again today, but now receive the error "No Data Available in Table" message.
IMPORTANT:

1. I have made absolutely no changes to the table in anyway
2. There is data available because when I access the browsers.php directly in my browser I can see all the aaData
3. I have today in an effort to fault find this restricted the mySql query to not include results from today, just in case a recent DB entry is causing some sort of problem - this has not helped.

I can not figure this out - Like I say, I have made no changes to any scripts at all, but now this error appears, despite it working yesterday and for many months before this.

Any help or advice would really be appreciated

Many thanks

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,650Questions: 1Answers: 10,094 Site admin
    Can you run the page through the DataTables debugger or post a link to the page please? I'm particularly interested to see what JSON is being returned from the server.

Allan
  • melphmelph Posts: 37Questions: 1Answers: 0
    Hi Allan

Thanks for the reply - I will PM you the page Browsers1 which is returning the data for me. Interestingly, last night I found another test page used to create the one that is now causing me problems. That test page uses the same browsers1 script and the table on there updates fine? There are differences (a few more columns) and more jquery operations going on within the page, but esentially the same.

Thanks Allan - link in PM coming
This discussion has been closed.